A Webinar Presented by OFW Law and Davis, LLP
October 29, 2014, 1:00 p.m. EST
During this webinar, attendees will learn about the regulatory requirements necessary to successfully and legally import and market foods and beverages in the U.S. and Canada. Topics for each country will include, among others:
- A general understanding of the regulatory framework for foods and beverages, including the distinction between foods and natural health products in Canada
- Agencies responsible for regulating foods and beverages
- Requirements for food and beverage imports
- A general introduction to labeling and promotional requirements and restrictions
- Enforcement and food safety compliance including an overview of the status of the U.S. Food Safety and Modernization Act and the Safe Food for Canadians Act, and managing a food recall.
The webinar will be approximately 40 minutes long with a Q and A session at the end. There is no cost to attend this webinar, but space is limited.
To register for the webinar, please go to http://www.cvent.com/d/14qf66.
About the presenters:
Bob Hahn is a principal at Olsson Frank Weeda Terman Matz PC in Washington, DC. He advises companies and trade associations on compliance with the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory requirements for foods and beverages, including product formulation, food safety, food defense, food labeling and advertising, import/export of food, and handling of inspections, recalls, and enforcement actions. Bob’s clients include all levels of the food production and distribution chain, including manufacturers, processors, packers, distributors, and retailers, as well as industry trade associations. He regularly speaks and writes on FDA food regulatory matters.
Sara Zborovski is a partner in Davis LLP’s Toronto office and is head of the firm’s Food and Beverage Group. Sara assists companies in navigating the regulatory landscape imposed by the Food and Drugs Act and its related regulations. She advocates before all branches of Health Canada on behalf of, among others, the food and beverage industry. Sara works with clients to get products from idea to market, providing strategic advice on approval and marketing strategies. She also works with clients in matters relating to product safety, including Health Canada inspections and enforcement, crisis management and product recalls. Sara is a regular contributor to a number of food and beverage industry publications and conferences and is an active blogger on food safety and other regulatory matters (www.thefoodlawyer.ca).