January 24, 2013 – 12pm ET
Hazard Analysis & Preventive Controls for Human Food
OFW Law and The Food Institute, the best “single source” for information about the food industry, will present a 90-minute webinar on Thursday, January 24, 2013, to explore the proposed rule, issued on January 4 by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). This FDA proposed rule covers hazard analysis and preventive controls for human food, and would modernize the existing current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) regulations for human food. Additionally, the proposed ruling would require each registered food facility, unless exempt, to perform a hazard analysis and develop a written food safety plan addressing any hazards reasonably likely to occur in its products. It would also expand the definition of “farm” in FDA’s registration regulations (thereby broadening the farm exemption from registration and the new preventive controls requirements).
OFW Law and The Food Institute will outline everything you could possibly need to know about this topic:
- Proposed changes to the existing CGMP regulations
- Who must comply with the new requirements
- Who is exempt
- What is not in the proposed rule (e.g., food defense)
- What is not in the proposed rule but may be in the final rule (e.g., testing of raw meterials and ingredients, finished product testing, environmental monitoring, supplier approval and verification requirements)
- Proposed new recordkeeping and records access requirements
- The proposed dates for compliance
So, join us on January 24 for 90 minutes as we explore what has just been released, and evaluate the two year delay on the Food Safety Modernization Act.
HOW: Via your internet connected computer and telephone
DATE: January 24, 2103
LENGTH: 90 minutes from 12pm-1:30pm ET