We are pleased to announce that Nancy Nord, former Acting Chair of the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, has joined OFW Law as Of Counsel. Nord is a nationally recognized expert on safety regulation and corporate compliance with a wealth of experience in both the public and private sectors.
Please click the announcement, below, to enlarge it.
A Webinar Presented by OFW Law and Davis, LLP
November 12, 2014, 1:00 p.m. EST
During this webinar, attendees will learn about additional regulatory requirements placed on medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and food products as consumer products in the U.S. and Canada. Topics will include, among others:
- A general understanding of the interplay of obligations at the Federal and state/province levels in the U.S. and Canada
- Additional labeling and advertisement requirements as consumer products
- Additional reporting requirements in the U.S. and post-market recordkeeping requirements in Canada
- Certification requirements under the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act
- The management of crises relating to medical devices, drugs and food products as consumer products in the U.S. and Canada and knowing when, how and why to recall products
The webinar will be approximately 40 minutes long with a Q and A session at the end. There is no cost to attend this webinar, but space is limited.
To register for the webinar, please go to http://www.cvent.com/d/14qf66.
About the presenters:
Elliot Belilos is of counsel to OFW Law and has more than eighteen years of regulatory and litigation experience representing corporations and associations in consumer product-related matters. Elliot counsels companies on product liability and regulatory compliance issues under the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act, the Consumer Product Safety Act, the Federal Hazardous Substances Act, the Flammable Fabrics Act, the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, and the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticde Act.
Sara Zborovski is a partner in Davis LLP’s Toronto office and is a member of firm’s Life Sciences, Food and Beverage and Intellectual Property Groups. Sara works with clients to get products from idea to market, providing strategic advice on approval and marketing strategies and intellectual property issues. She also works with clients on matters relating to product safety, including Health Canada inspections and enforcement, crisis management and product recalls.